In the second day we manage to finish the works on the basin and perform the measurements. The basin now is hydro isolated. On the bottom of the basin there was flow channel with 2 openings (on both sides) and a venturi flume. The plan is to use the channel and to construct a drain system for the experiment.
The soil excavation is also on schedule. Tomorrow it is plan to fix the leakage upper basin before going further.
The day we end it up doing designing and calculations.
First day, first impression.
A lot changed from the last visit on the site. Seems that nature is trying to get back in business quite fast. A lot of vegetation everywhere and no more people looking for iron. The former treatment plant was covered by vegetation.
We started early in the morning with several tasks to complete in the first day - to manage the site, to buy a part of the material and to have a look at the soil contamination degree.
We had some problems regarding the quantity of the concrete debris found in the concrete basin designed for the decontamination process. With heavy efforts we cleaned up until the dawn.
All the proposed tasks where finished until the end of the day.
And the best way to end the day is to watch a real size theatrical act with knights, horses and ladies near the beautiful castle of Hunedoara.